Costs LASIK Surgery and Laser Eye Surgery Costs in Ohio and Financing
Average LASIK costs for eye surgery in Ohio at $2100 are about the average costs of lasik surgery nationwide. If you have been searching online for LASIK costs or the costs LASIK Surgery in Ohio you’ll find that it is difficult to pin down the price of the surgery. Prices for LASIK vary from one provider to another, and the laser eye surgery costs at some practices or Ohio LASIK centers depends on the technology the surgeon uses, if follow up care is included in the LASIK price, and the technology used.
Average Price of LASIK Surgery Nationwide and Costs LASIK Surgery in Midwest Eye Centers in Ohio
According to a recent survey, about half of U.S. refractive surgeons quote a single price for LASIK surgery, one cost for all. The other half quote different costs or prices depending on the prescription of the patient, the technology used, and charge extra for your initial LASIK eye exam and follow up care you will need. Remember that quoted prices are per eye, you will usually have to double the price for both eyes.
Several factors affect the price you can expect to pay:
- The LASIK surgeon you pick will affect your price. Surgeons who are well known and have been practicing longer tend to charge more. They bring added experience and expertise to your procedure, and many people feel more comfortable with an experienced surgeon. Often these surgeons are getting better results and few complications too—the result of better nomograms and experience.
- Dr. Brian Stahl has been practicing since 1994, teamed with Dr. James Knowles who has been practicing since 2000. Together they have performed over 25,000 LASIK plus PRK procedures in the Dayton area. Putting them as the top surgeons in the area. They personally see and discuss your surgery with you beforehand, do your surgery, and are going to be there for you after your surgery and for years to come.
- The technology your LASIK surgeon uses affects your cost. Stahl Vision uses customized wavefront technology, like CustomVision® which measures your eyes more thoroughly, and can treat imperfections in your vision more accurately than older laser eye surgery technology. This results in sharper vision, almost high definition vision, and better vision in dim light conditions like night driving. As you might expect, this technology costs more than the older non-customized laser technology. Using these advancements, this leaves our practice able to have 99.3% of our nearsighted patients seeing 20/20 or better without the use of contacts or glasses after their procedure when measured with both eyes!
- Lastly, geography plays a role in the cost of LASIK surgery. Places with high costs of living, New York, Boston, Los Angles, usually have higher costs for eye surgery too.
Stahl Vision's Price Match Guarantee
Stahl Vision wants to give you the best experience possible! From friendly knowledgeable staff to offering Dayton’s top LASIK surgeons! We know what’s important when choosing a LASIK center, and we believe price should never be the determining factor. That’s why we are proud to offer our Price Match Guarantee.
It’s simple. If you find a better price for costs of LASIK Surgery on the same technology (Allegretto WaveLight Laser)* we’ll match it! You can rest easy knowing at Stahl Vision you will receive the best experience possible at the best value.
*Must show written receipt within 6 months of consultation at Stahl LASIK Vision.
Should I Look for Discount LASIK or Bargain Prices for Laser Eye Surgery Costs?
Sometimes you may see offers for $499 per eye or $699 per eye — or something even more alluring. So yes, some surgery centers do offer bargain prices; these are called discount centers. But these costs for LASIK surgery are never for customized wavefront LASIK, and don’t include your LASIK eye exam, follow up care, charges for touch-ups or enhancements, charges for financing, and only a very few people with low prescriptions will qualify or this low price. Rarely will you meet your surgeon until the time of surgery at a discount LASIK center-- someone else does the exam and follow up care. This is a real concern for many patients.
Some states have enacted and enforced consumer protection laws that make this “bait and switch” advertising scheme illegal. Car dealers at one time were notorious for advertising a low cost on cars, only to find out that that price only extended to one car on the lot, and that it had already been sold. Because of these concerns, several states enacted laws that make it illegal to advertise a price less than the average cost the consumer pays. Unfortunately, Ohio is not one of these states, and you will see prices and advertising for the cost of LASIK that has little relationship to the real price you will pay. A smarter shopper will ask themselves if this is a place you want to trust with something as important as your eyesight. You only have one set of eyes, this is not something you should discount!
Some LASIK surgeons will honor written cost quotes from other centers as long as it is for similar technology and for similar care. Here at Stahl Vision we can solve the problem of wanting to see the most reputable LASIK surgeon in town.
Average Nationwide Laser Eye Surgery Costs and Costs for LASIK Surgery in Ohio
In 2015 the average cost for laser eye surgery, LASIK plus PRK, was about $2100 per eye, up from the two years prior. The prices private LASIK surgeons are quoting seems higher since it is one single price that includes everything: the latest technology, the cost of the eye exam, and the cost of any enhancements or touch-ups needed. The cost was lower when providers were quoting older technology non-customized laser treatments, and centers that charge extra for your LASIK exam, follow up care, touch-ups, and higher prescriptions. Our LASIK costs here in Ohio mirror the nationwide experience, with an average cost of nearly $2100 per eye.
- Stahl Vision Institute for LASIK Surgery in Ohio quotes one global price for all—no matter your prescription! When the price is quoted that includes your initial exam, surgery, post-ops, and all enhancements within the first year. From your initial exam to your last appointment with us you are always with Dr. Brian Stahl or Dr. James Knowles (which is rare when compared to discount centers where you are unlikely to get to see your surgeon again).
Many people considering LASIK eye surgery finance laser eye surgery costs. So look at the finance plans available, and if there are extra fees or interest involved in financing the costs of eye surgery, which are important to consider too. With monthly financing plans, the costs of LASIK surgery is often about the same as a utility bill, cell phone bill, or for some of us, how much we spend at Starbucks Coffee per month. Financing options for laser eye surgrery costs may allow you to spread the costs LASIK surgery out over time. Financing is subject to credit approval.
Will Insurance Cover the Cost of Laser Eye Surgery: LASIK plus PRK?
Insurance plans, both medical and vision care do not cover the cost of laser eye surgery: LASIK plus PRK. Some vision insurances have negotiated a discount with some of the discount LASIK centers, where the LASIK eye center pays the insurance company part of the fee and the patient is charged in exchange for marketing a discount to their customers. Many LASIK practitioners will honor this discount and bypass the insurance company completely saving you money.
- While we don't accept insurance for LASIK Vision surgery, we do offer a discount plan for those who have this benefit that bypasses vision insurances plans and offers you a direct discount here. Please call our LASIK line at 937-643-2020 for more details on how to get the best discount for you!
Using a FSA (Flexible Spending Account) or HSA (Health Spending Accounts) for the Cost of LASIK Eye Surgery
Many larger employers offer a FSA or HSA as part of their health care plans to cover costs for medical expenses, including LASIK plus PRK, with income-tax-free accounts. The cost of laser eye surgery is an eligible expense for this tax saving medical expenses plans. If you are planning on having LASIK in the next year, you should consider making a contribution to your FSA or HSA this year to be able to use it in the next calendar year.
The Cost of LASIK Eye Surgery Compared to its Real Value
LASIK is an elective procedure that is referred to by most patients who have had it as “life changing”. The convenience of just waking up and being able to see cannot be overestimated. Many people find themselves able to do things they simply were not able to before: scuba dive, water slides, swim, wear off the shelf sunglasses, and travel without fear of losing contacts or glasses… The one-time cost of LASIK is easily worth the added freedom and time in the day that people have after having LASIK eye surgery done. Plus, if you add up the cost of glasses, frames, contacts, solutions, etc…. Well it isn’t hard to imagine how you can end up saving money in the long run! Ultimately the choice to have LASIK is a personal one, usually driven by frustration with glasses or contacts and a desire to be free of the need for lenses to see clearly!
How to Find Out if Costs of LASIK Surgery is Worth It for You!
If you are ready to start seeing better without your glasses or contacts, the first step is to schedule a FREE EYE EXAM with our skilled and best LASIK eye surgeons, Dr. Brian Stahl, and Dr. James Knowles. Here at Stahl Vision an Ohio Lasik Center and Laser Vision Correction of Dayton we have only one price for laser eye surgery costs whether for LASIK or PRK, and includes your eye exam, plus your surgery, plus all of your follow up care, plus touch-ups for a year, plus speical financing, and we ONLY use advanced CustomVision® technology, and our LASIK surgeons are the most experienced in Dayton and the Ohio Miami Valley. Trust your eyes to the doctors other doctors choose for their own eyes, and the Miami Valleys’ “Top LASIK Docs”. Our financing options subject to credit approval and may make your decision easier!
Please call Stahl Vision LASIK Institute in Midwest Ohio at 937.643.2020 to schedule an appointment and learn more about our financing options.